If you live outside Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland, you can get a tax refund on purchases from affiliated stores in Norway.
Approximately 4.000 Global Blue or Planet affiliated stores offer tax refund upon departure. The refund is 13 percent of the purchase price for food purchases, and 20 percent on other purchases.
- Ask the shop staff for a Tax Free Form if you shop for more than 315 NOK in an affiliated store. (Global blue offer refunds on food purchases from 290 NOK)
- Fill in all the required fields on the form before you get to the airport
- Go to a Refund point* at the airport and present your completed Tax Free Form, passport or ID card, and your purchase to get a stamp on your form.
- After the staff has validated and stamped your form, the refund can be transferred to your credit card.
Note: To get a refund, you must export goods bought in Norway within 30 days from the date of purchase.
* Global Blue does not have a refund point at the airport for the moment. The forms must be sent by mail.
Or: use a form issued by Customs
- Go to Norwegian Customs, or collect at the store where the purchase is made.
- Complete the form, and bring it to Customs at the airport
- After the form is authenticated by Customs, you send it back to the seller for a VAT refund