Who can travel in and out of Norway? Which countries can I travel to? Do I have to be quarantined when I arrive in Norway?
It is the Norwegian Government who prepare national guidelines and actions for Norwegian airports and border crossings. We therefore recommend you to find information about this at regjeringen.no.
IATA has made a useful overview of entry and quarantine restrictions that apply to different countries (subject to changes on the external website).
Do I have to wear a facemask at Norwegian airports?
No, but some airlines require all passengers to use face masks on board. Please pay attention to information from your airline. Travelers cannot rely on face masks being distributed by the airlines or being available at Avinor’s airports.
Travelers arriving from red countries must wear face masks until they are at home in quarantine. Read more here.
Are there any kind of health check or temperature check for passengers?
No health check or temperature check is carried out at Norwegian airports. Avinor follows the advice from national health authorities and these are measures that are not recommended. However, airlines can choose to carry out temperature measurement on their own initiative, so we encourage passengers to pay attention to information from your airline.
Are restaurants and shops open at Avinor's airports?
Some of the restaurants and shops are open. Choose your local airport here at avinor.no and click the top banner to see which restaurants and shops are open. Due to the situation, the website may not be updated at all times. Information about service offers and opening hours may differ.
What infection control measures are being taken at Avinor's airports?
Since the end of January 2020, Avinor has followed advice and guidance from national and local health authorities to ensure good infection control at Norwegian airports. Among other things, the following measures have been implemented:
• To secure social distancing we have sealed of certain check-in machines and seats. We have also implemented self-marking on the floor.
• Avinor has enhanced its already thorough cleaning processes in response to the issue and put out hand disinfection. We have also a more frequent follow-up of toilets, where refill of soap, paper and general cleaning are checked extra.
• In consultation with local health authorities, who is responsible for infection prevention at the airport, arriving passengers receive information on quarantine. There are separate guidelines for dealing with persons suspected of illness.
• Information for travelers is preserved through messages on our digital screens, posters and other relevant places in the terminal. We are continuously working on assessing new infection prevention measures in consultation with Norwegian health authorities.
What is different at Avinor airports now?
At the airports you will find that measures have been put in place to comply with social distancing. Some areas are closed, check-in and bagdrop can take place in other areas of the airport than usual, and you will find that there are many fewer people in terminal than usual. Some restaurants and shops are closed, as well as other services such as nursing rooms, playrooms and so on.
Follow the signs and other information in the terminal to orient yourself and feel free to use Avinor's digital platforms to stay up to date. And remember; you are the biggest contributor to avoiding the spread of infection.
I need assistance at the airport, is this still available?
Yes, you can still order assistance at our airports. It is important that you book assistance at least 48 hours before departure through your airline or travel agent. If you book later than 48 hours before departure time, you must expect extra waiting time. You should also consider that passengers who have pre-booked more than 48 hours in advance will be given priority.
Are all airports in Norway open?
Yes. All airports are open for traffic.
Can I still pick up someone at the airport?
Yes, you can pick up passengers as usual, but some local airports may have their own rules. Remember that if the ones you pick up come from abroad, quarantine rules apply. We encourage all visitors to practice the infection prevention advice. Keep your distance, have good hand hygiene and stay at home if you are sick.
What rules apply if I am transferring to another airport?
• If you come from abroad, meets the rules for entry, and will travel domestic or abroad on the same day, this will be handled by the traveler himself.
• If you come from abroad, meets the rules of entry, and will travel domestic the next day, you must provide accommodation yourself. You can't stay at the airport.
•If you come from abroad, meets the rules of entry, and will travel abroad the next day, you you must provide accommodation yourself. You can't stay at the airport.
It is important to note that only those who meets the rules of entry can transfer at Norwegian airports. If you do not meet the rules of entry you will be rejected in the border control.
The exception is if you can document that you are on your way to your home. Example: You come from Italy, are an Italian citizen, but can document that your place of residence is in Denmark.