Avinor’s vision is that all domestic aviation in Norway shall be electrified by 2040. At the conference we ask the question: Can electrification, in addition to the use of sustainable biofuel, resolve aviation’s climate challenges?
Insight will be provided on aviation’s benefit to society and greenhouse gas emissions. We will have an updated status on the production and use of sustainable jet biofuel. Avinor will present a new report on electric aircraft, and speakers from airlines and electric aircraft manufacturers will explain the current situation and future prospects for the development of electric aircraft.
The conference will be concluded with a panel debate where key Norwegian politicians will discuss how Norway may become a pioneer in emission-free aviation.
The conference is free of charge.
Time: 22 March 2018 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., registration from 9 a.m.
Location: DOGA, Hausmanns gate 16, Oslo.
|09:00 - 10:00||Registration. Coffee and tea|
|10:00 - 10:30|
Welcome/Setting the scene + Social/societal benefit of aviation
- Dag Falk-Petersen, CEO, Avinor
|10:30 - 11:00|
Aviation carbon emissions and mitigation initiatives
- «Kan luftfarten bli en «miljøvinner»?». See recording. Jon Sjølander, VP Strategy and Development, Avinor
|11:00 - 11:40|
- «Sustainable Aviation Fuels. Industry dynamics & development». See recording. Merel Laroy, Head of Marketing & Communication, SkyNRG
|11:40 - 12:00|
Electrification of aviation
|12:00 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 - 14:45|
Electrification of aviation (contnd)
- «Pioneering electric aviation. Lessons learned and vision for the future». See recording. Ivo Boscarol, Founder, President and CEO, Pipistrel Group
|14:45 - 15:10||Coffee break|
|15:10 - 15:30|
- «Virkemidler for en miljøvennlig luftfart – er CO2-fond løsningen?» . See recording. Torbjørn Lothe, Director, Federation of Norwegian Aviation Industries
|15:30 - 16:00|
Zero emission aviation in 2040? Panel debate - moderated by Marius Holm
- Marius Holm, General Manager, ZERO Emissions Organisation
|16:00 - 18:00||Coffee/tea, Drinks/snacks available|
Among the speakers are
Ketil Solvik-Olsen, Minister of Transport and Communications
Dag Falk-Petersen, CEO, Avinor
Per Øyvind Langeland, Avdelingsdirektør næringspolitisk avdeling, NHO
Rune Gjessing, CEO, Silva Green Fuel AS
Rasmus Astrup, Head of Research, NIBIO
Jon Sjølander, VP Strategy, Avinor
Olaf Otto, Head of Sales and Business Development eAircraft, Siemens
Matt Knapp, CTO and Co-founder of Zunum
Ivo Boscarol, Founder, President and CEO, Pipistrel Group
Stein Nilsen, Managing Director, Widerøe
Lars Andersen Resare, Head of Environment and CSR, SAS
Torbjørn Lothe, Director, Federation of Norwegian Aviation Industries
Antonio Campello, President and CEO, EmbraerX
Marius Holm, General Manager, ZERO
Atle Hamar (Liberal Party), State Secretary, Ministry of Climate and Environment
Kårstein Eidem Løvaas (Conservative Party), MP, Standing Committee on Business and Industry
Åsmund Aukrust (Labour Party), MP, Standing Committee on Energy and Environment
Per Espen Stoknes (Green Party), MP, Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs/ Standing Committee on Energy and Environment