Discharges to water and soil
Avinor shall not violate discharge permits. De-icing, fire drills and fuelling entail a risk of discharge.
- All airports have valid discharge permits.
- Avinor applies the "precautionary principle" and works in a risk-based manner in order to avoid negative environmental impacts and prevent pollution.
- Use the least environmentally harmful chemicals on the market, particularly for de-icing fluids and fire-fighting foam
- Conduct soil contamination, mapping and risk analyses
- Carry on environmental monitoring activities.