The following Frequently Asked Questions apply to all airports that offers parking pre-book. If there are specific elements to an airport, this will be explained.
Where do I find the Terms & Conditions?
You must confirm that you have read our terms and conditions before you pre-book parking. They are linked in your purchase process and on the order page. Here is the link to Terms and Conditions.
What are the responsibilities of Avinor and the parking operator?
As the terms & conditions will tell you, Avinor is the owner of the website where you pre-book. They are also the owner of the car parks. The parking operator is the seller of the parking services and operates the customer center. If you have any questions, you always contact the parking operator's customer service center. At the very bottom of this FAQ, you will find the contact details of the customer center that belongs to your airport.
FAQ’s about how you book
How do I pre-order parking?
- Go to avinor.no and choose the airport to travel from. Then select "Parking". You will get to an order page with a calendar at the top, and various information boxes below.
- Choose the date and time of car park entry and exit in the calendar and click on "Find Parking".
- You will be presented to available parking products. By clicking on the arrow you can read more about the product. Select the desired product.
- Follow the steps on the screen to complete the order.
You can order by logging in to My Profile or without logging in.
Why can I not login with My Profile?
My Profile is an Avinor service that is used across multiple online solutions at Avinor.
If you experience errors with My Profile and need help, "Help with my Profile" page contains your own questions and answers about this. You can find the link for example in the footer on the website. Here is the link for my profile.
What do I do with the booking confirmation?
a) When you pre-order parking, you will receive a booking confirmation to the e-mail address you provided. From this, all details of the reservation in question will show. The confirmation is your receipt and it contains a unique reference number associated with your order.
b) Description of how to do it when you arrive and leave the parking area can be found there.
- Check the details of the confirmation and that they are correct: Your vehicle will be recognized upon entry to the car park based on the license plate number. The license plate serves as your parking ticket. It is your responsibility that the license plate you enter in the reservation is in accordance with the vehicle you use when parking. See also item 5 about changes you can make in your reservation.
What do I do if I do not receive the confirmation by e-mail?
- Check if the email has ended in the spam filter
- If you are using My Profile, you can log in there and click your name at the top right of the screen so that the menu appears. Under My Parking, you can search for the booking, double check for any incorrect email address and consider fixing it or change it to another email address. Then you can resend the confirmation to yourself.
- If you do not use My Profile, you can find the booking under "Manage booking" and change your email address. This requires that you have your booking number. Then you can resend the confirmation.
- If you do not get any of the above, contact the Customer Center and ask them to check the case and send you a new confirmation. At the very bottom of these questions and answers, you will find the contact details of the customer center. If necessary, try a different email address than the one you provided first.
Note the following:
- The various e-mail providers have filters that classify e-mails as spam in different ways. There may also exist filters beyond this, such as from an employer. The booking confirmation emails are sent from Avinor's own IP address. The sender addresses used for the e-mails are email@example.com.
- There are essentially two ways to get spam:
- Check your spam filter and if the confirmation is located there you can retrieve it. You can approve the sender address.
- The email may have ended in the spam filter for the server: Contact your employer or email provider to approve emails sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I get my order confirmation as an sms?
It is not possible to get the order confirmation on SMS today.
Can I book several parking sessions at the same time?
You cannot put two parking spaces in the same "shopping cart", only one at a time. To order more parking, you must complete as many orders as you need. Each order will receive a unique reference number.
If you have a payment card where your bank rejects duplicates and the price is the same for all bookings, you may experience problems with the payment. This will also apply to other purchases you make with the same card giving two or more transactions right after each other in the same place with the same amount. Then use different cards to pay parking fees.
Remember the correct license plate number for the different cars you order parking for!
Can I give my order to someone else?
The order and confirmation cannot be transferred from you to another person. A new order must be made. See Questions and Answers further down on how to change or cancel your order.
Can I use the booking at another parking facility or another airport?
You cannot use your reservation at another airport or parking outside the airport. See Questions and Answers further down on how to change or cancel your order.
FAQ’s about the car parks and the products you can book
How long before scheduled entry can I order?
As the main rule, a reservation must be made no later than 5 hours before the scheduled entry, but there may be products that differ from this. Such time limitations will be included in the product description.
- If you order later than 5 hours before the entry, you will not get any products and you cannot order.
There will be available products, so you can book a year in advance if you wish. Note that offers can be submitted from us with both long and short horizons. See any questions and answers about how to change your order.
How short / long parking duration can I order?
The shortest parking duration you can order is usually 5 hours. If you choose shorter parking time than this in the calendar you will not get any products. If you need to park just for some hours, drive to the airport and park in the usual way without a reservation.
All products have a minimum / maximum parking duration or other elements that restricts if the product appears in your search. For example, a weekend parking product will not appear if you choose a full week. Such limitations will be included in the product description.
Regular products are usually added so you can book up to 3-4 weeks for example, but there may be a discrepancy in how long your parking can be. If you want a very long parking but no products come up, you can contact the parking operator who can see if they can help you book a very long parking duration. Place your request for this well in time. At the very bottom of these questions and answers, you will find the contact details of the customer center.
Why do not I get parking products after searching the calendar?
If you do not get any parking products on the screen when searching or the product you want not to be displayed, the product may be limited in some way, you may be too late to book, or the product is out of stock.
- If you order "closer to" the time of entry than 5 hours, you are too late to order.
- Some products may have a different time limit than 5 hours, and this may be the reason why you do not get it presented
- The limitations of a product can be found in the product description
- You can try any future date to check
- The product is not available in the time interval you specified.
- The product you are looking for may have a restriction on what times it is available or how long / short the parking duration must be.
- For example, holiday offers and weekend offers will have limitations related to dates available, which days of the week it is possible to drive in/out and the length of stay.
- Parking areas where a high frequency of cars is required, there may be limited offers on the length of stay there.
- Restrictions on a product may be found in the product description
- The product may be sold out.
- It is set a certain number available for pre-book. When a product is sold out, we do not have more available space to offer for booking at that car park. The remaining spaces in the parking area must be held for drop-in parking.
- You can choose another product.
- You can drive to the airport and park in the usual way without pre-booking.
- Sold out products are usually listed with the term "sold out", but not always. To check if the product is sold out, you can check by selecting any date into the future.
- We always recommend that you book early on if you experience that your favourite product often is sold out. Especially around holiday times and weekends when traffic is high.
Can I book a particular reserved parking space?
As of today, you cannot book a dedicated parking space just for you. You have access to the parking area and there is a space for you on the car park that you’ve booked at. You can park on any space you wish, as long as it is not marked as reserved for anyone else (such as a company name, HC or Electric car, see also below). If there is signage with “reserved for pre-booked cars”, you are welcome to park on these spaces.
Can I book HC space/ parking space for disabled people/blue badge space?
As of today, you cannot book a dedicated parking for HC. You can book a regular space and if there is free space for HC at the car park, feel free to park there as long as you have a valid HC card clearly visible in the car.
Can I place space for my EL car / charging space?
As of today, you cannot book a dedicated parking space for electric car/charging. You can order a regular space and if there is free space for EL car and charging at the car park, feel free to park there. Remember that the car must be actively charging while using the EL car space.
FAQ’s about prices
How are the products priced?
All prices on the website are displayed in Norwegian kroner included VAT.
Pricing for pre-booking is dynamic and may differ from the price of drop-in parking. We would like to call the price of drop-in parking «regular price» or «normal price». The pre-booking price is often referred to as "booking price".
- On the website for parking you will find a price list for drop-in parking. If you are unsure whether it will be a saving to pre-book, you can look at these drop-in prices and compare them with the price of booking in relation to the period you are going to park.
- The price for booking is given at the calendar.
- In some cases, it may not be in your advantage to pre-book.
Booking prices are dynamic and are subject to change without notice due to changes in capacity / offer / demand.
The price you get on the screen is valid only at the time of ordering and based on your choice of date, time and product. When you make a reservation, you accept this price at the time of purchase. The price may be different the next time you pre-book.
The parking in the booking system is priced at 24-hour intervals. For example, 49-72 hours will correspond to 3 days, 73-96 hours equals 4 days, etc.
Is it always cheaper to pre-book?
In many situations we have the opportunity to offer a better price on pre-book than on drop-in parking. The reason for this is that a pre-book is a reservation. It gives us the opportunity to logistically optimize the use of our car parks. In the cases where you find (see above) that it is not cheaper, the offer/demand at the time is the reason for this.
The booking service has limitations for the same reasons, for example time limits for changes and cancellations, and that you cannot expand the duration of a pre-booked parking session that has started. With not-planned deviations from your reservation (like if you park longer than what you’ve reserved for), we cannot offer a booking-price on the extra stay. Questions and answers later will talk more about this.
We are continuously working on developing the booking service to create new functionalities for the users.
How does promotional / campaign offer work?
Promotional offers involve a promised price on a given product for a limited period of time. The communication in our marketing should always be clear on these criteria.
It is not possible to get promotional prices outside the given campaign period. Campaign products will have limited number of spaces available and may be sold out in parts of the promotional period. Book early if you want a promotional product.
How does the discount code (promotion code/coupon code) work and how do I use it?
Discount codes are sometimes shared in promotional activities or to specific user groups that do not necessarily have a higher discount than others but specific products available at a specific price.
- Some products are only available if you have a discount code by the code "unlocking" a new product portfolio.
If you have a discount code, click on the "+ discount" field and enter the code followed by clicking on the hourglass search icon. Once the code is entered correctly, you will get the offer the code applies to. NB! Coupon codes can have several different limitations, such as at user level, capacity and time, etc.
FAQ’s about payment
How do I pay?
When you proceed to payment, you will be sent to the payment solution. This is secure and encrypted and is provided by Nets. Follow the onscreen instructions.
If you are logged in with My Profile you will have the option to save one or more cards so that you have them available next time. All you need to keep in mind next time is your CVC code. The rest is pre-filled by Nets.
What do I do if the payment process is canceled or failed?
Our payment service provider Nets is still upgrading its solutions for security reasons. This is good news for anyone who pays for goods and services online
However, this means that purchases on our websites (and any other website that uses Nets) may occur with regular updates of the browser. Older versions of browsers are likely to fail during payment. Such an update must be provided by each user. It is important that your browser is updated to the latest version as different features and security solutions are used. Avinor tests its web pages with the most widely used browsers, but we must also follow the guidelines that include. Our service provider for payment Nets requires.
If the payment process is canceled, this may be due to several issues that it is very difficult for us or our customer center to diagnose or correct. This because of circumstances beyond our control and on your side:
- The network you are using is not optimal and may interfere with or interrupt a session and thus a payment session
- Please wait until you have a more stable network
- Your browser is not updated. Attempt to update your browser.
- Browsers can be, for example, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and more. All browsers are updated in different ways, so we do not review all of the different browser updates here. You can easily search for "update browser + browser name" on, for example, Google and get a recipe for updating to the latest version
- Your card information is invalid.
- If you have received a new card or updated a card, you must also enter and update the card information you have in My Profile.
- The card is rejected by your bank.
- Check with your bank if there are any problems with your card.
Please note that according to our terms & conditions, it is your responsibility that the above is in order, you are responsible for completing your reservation. If you do not make a reservation or make a mistake, Avinor or the parking operator is not responsible for any additional costs you may incur as a result of this. For example, you cannot require the same price on regular parking without booking if you are unable to pre-book for any reason.
NB! Your card will not be charged if the payment process is canceled.
What's on my transaction from the bank?
It is the parking operator that is the seller of the parking. The transaction will therefore be marked with the name of the parking operator + airport name on your invoice or receipt from the bank.
FAQ’s about the information we ask you to fill out
Why do I have to enter personal information?
Once you have selected the desired product, you must enter some personal data such as name, mobile number, email address and registration number of your vehicle.
- The e-mail address is used to send you the confirmation
- The car registration number is used to recognize your car on arrival / departure on airports with license plate recognition systems (and also to be able to contact you and identify your car in other occasions).
You can choose to register a user under "My Profile" or continue to book without registering a user.
No details about you will be saved if you choose to book "without my profile", but you will need to enter information every time you order.
Remember to enter the correct vehicle license plate number on the car you intend to use when arriving at the airport. If you come with a car other than what you have stated, you will be charged double. Your license plate acts as your parking ticket.
Can I enter two vehicle registration numbers?
No, you can only enter one registration number.
In My Profile, you can enter multiple registration numbers and select the one you want to use in your order.
Also see questions and answers about how to change the registration number in the order.
FAQ’s about changes and cancellations of your booking
Can I change or cancel my order?
Yes, you can both change and cancel your order within a given time limit.
What is the time limit for change and cancellation?
As the main rule, a change/cancellation must be made no later than 5 hours before the time/date of entry at your reservation. After this deadline you will not be able to make a change/cancellation.
- The deadline for change/cancellation is related to the deadline for how close to the entry time you can book. The deadline is the same. The deadline will appear from the product description when you order.
Note that a few parking products cannot be changed or canceled or have a different time limit than described above.
Can I change the vehicle registration number on my order?
Yes, you can change this under after logging in to "My Profile" searching for your booking in “My Parking” or at “Manage my booking”. Note that you can change the registration number up to 2 hours before parking starts.
How do I change or cancel parking (manage your order)?
You can manage your order in two ways depending on whether you use My Profile or not.
This requires that you make the change or cancellation within the deadline mentioned in previous question and answer. Regardless of the way you choose to change, you will receive an email confirming your change or cancellation.
Note! Also read further down about what happens when you change or cancel your order!
This is what you do:
You have ordered using My Profile:
Method A) Log in to My Profile, go to "My Parking" and find the correct booking. Then you can make the desired change or cancellation by following the links and instructions on the screen.
Method B) On the parking web page of the airport you have booked, there is a box called "manage booking". Click on this and search for your booking. Here you will need a booking reference number and email address. From this link you change or cancel without logging in to My Profile.
You have not used My Profile when you ordered:
On the parking side of the airport you have booked, there is a box called "manage booking". Click on this and search for your booking. You will need a booking number and email address.
Then you can make the desired change or cancellation by following the links and instructions on the screen.
What elements of the order can I manage?
This requires that you make the change or cancellation within the deadline mentioned in previous question and answer. The previous question tells you where to do it. You can manage the following items in your order:
A. Personal details such as the registration number of the vehicle you will be driving, or email address for the confirmation: Click on the pencil next to your name.
- As a rule, this must be done no later than 2 hours before the time of entry. If it is closer to the entrance, you’ll need to contact the call center. You risk being double charged with no right to refund if you arrive with a different car than the one entered. You will find contact details at the end of this document.
- You will receive a confirmation when you have changed the number plate on the car.
B. Products / car park or entry and exit time: Click "Manage booking"
- As a rule, this must be done no later than 5 hours before the time of entry, or according to the specification of the product.
- When you change a booking, the old booking will automatically be canceled and refunded, and a new booking is created which you pay for. This is described in the terms and conditions.
- You will get a cancellation confirmation on e-mail on the old booking (incl. refunded sum) and a new confirmation of the new booking.
- If the product you are changing is sold out, you may need to change to another product.
C. Resend Confirmation: For example, if you have lost your confirmation
D. Cancel the booking: click on "cancel"
- This must be done no later than 24 hours before the time of entry, or according to the specification of the product (see terms).
- Cancellation after entry time is not possible, see terms and conditions.
- In case of cancellation, the amount will automatically be refunded to the card you used when booking. You will receive a cancellation confirmation on e-mail.
What happens when I make a change to my order?
Within the previous mentioned deadline of 5 hours, you can change the car park and/or date of entry/time. If one or more of these parameters changes, the old reservation will be canceled, and a new reservation will be created. You will automatically get a refund of the amount of the "old" reservation and pay a new amount for the new reservation. You will get e-mail confirmations.
Please note that if the parking item you wish to change is sold out, you must change to another product or cancel the reservation.
You can change personal details such as your name, e-mail address and the license plate number on the car. Changes to such personal details will not affect an economic transaction and your original order will be retained. The license plate number can be changed 2 hours before the time of entry. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of the personal detail change you made.
By changing/cancelling within the deadline as described above, you will most likely have an amount being paid back to you. The amount is automatically transferred to the payment card you used in the original reservation solution.
Can I extend the parking lot while the car is parked?
A pre-booking applies only to one parking session. Meaning, one entry with the following exit.
You cannot change or cancel a reservation after the parking duration time has started. You cannot extend the parking while parked. If you stay standing longer than your order, then this "extra" parking time will be treated as a regular not-booked parking session, and you can pay the fee in the same way you pay for regular not-booked parking. See previous Questions & Answers for how to properly change or cancel your order. See more about this “extra” parking time in later Questions & Answers.
If you attempt to extend your pre-book with a new reservation as a continuance on an existing reservation, the new reservation will be missing your cars entry session and the first reservation will be missing your cars exit session. This will result in such “extra” parking periods mentioned, and you will be charged for this and not be entitled to a refund. See previous Questions & Answers for how to properly change or cancel your order. See more about this “extra” parking time in later Questions & Answers.
If you are not sure how long your trip is going to last, pre-book may not be the right choice for you.
In what account is the refund amount placed after a change or cancellation?
Any refund amount from changes or cancellations, will be automatically transferred to the payment card you used when placing the reservation. It will never be refunded to another account. Depending on the payment card/bank you are using, it may take up to one week before the amount is refunded, it is the bank and card issuer that manages the repayment period.
Can I refund my order?
No refund will be granted after the rescheduled travel time has expired or expired, unless you have changed / canceled as described above.
Parking time reserved but not utilized (full or partial) will not be refunded unless you have changed the booking according to the procedure above.
No refund is granted unless you can refer to a prepaid booking reference / receipts with valid reference number. Refunds are made exclusively to the credit card the original payment was made with.
There are no replacement or refund due to defects or service interruptions of the booking service (eg service is unavailable due to error or upgrade, browser failure, network failure, malfunction of the device you reserve with, etc.).
Avinor or the parking operator is not obliged to refund any additional expenses that may result from your order / change / cancellation.
FAQ’s about how to park with a booking
What do I do when I arrive at the airport and when I leave the car park returning from the journey?
The license plate of your car will be read when entering and exiting the car park. Your license plate is used to recognize your booking and it serves as your "parking ticket".
On your booking confirmation, it will be explained what to do when arriving at the airport:
Before your travel:
- Make sure the license plate on your booking matches the car you intend to drive. If you intend to take another car than the one you have in the order, you must change the license plate in the booking. This is your responsibility. In the event of a wrong license plate, you will be charged the regular price in addition to what you have already paid without giving the right to a refund. See separate questions and answers for how to change the license plate.
- Prepare sufficient time so that you know you can transfer from the parking area to the terminal on time. Estimated normal distance / time for the terminal is described in the product description. Also, set an estimated time to find the right parking area if you are not familiar, find a free space, unpack luggage and so on. In high season, such as holiday times, it is recommended to set extra time due to high traffic
On travel day:
- Drive to the parking area you have reserved at and park in the desired free space that is not marked with reserved for HC, Electric Vehicle and the like (unless you have proof that you are entitled to stand there). We recognize your license plate and know that you have already paid for the pre-booked time interval.
Leaving the car park:
- Exit the parking area. If you have parked longer than the pre-booked time, you must pay for the extra time. See a separate Question and answer for this.
What parking space can I park at with the booking?
As long as you park at the correct car park corresponding with your booking, you can park at the space you wish as long as the space is not marked with someone else's reservation, such as places marked with HC, EL car, a company name or the like.
If there are separate spaces reserved and marked for those who have pre-booked parking, you are welcome to park in these spaces.
Can I drive in and out multiple times on the same order?
A pre-booking applies only to one parking session. That is, one entry with the following exit. You cannot drive in and out multiple times on the same reservation.
If you drive out of the parking area earlier than reserved, the reservation will be considered as completed. If you enter again within the same booking time, this will start a new parking session that will be charged for separately. Refund of any unused parking time or extra cost due to more entries and exits on one booking will not be accepted.
See earlier Questions & Answers for correct change / cancellation of the reservation.
What do I do if I cannot find a free space in the parking area I have booked?
This should not happen, but if you still experience this, contact the parking operator's customer center and they will help you. In the end of these Questions & Answers, you will find the contact information for the parking operator.
What do I do if I park in the wrong parking area?
There are no barriers to prevent you from parking. It is your responsibility to park at the correct car park that you’ve pre-booked.
If you find that you have entered the car park with the wrong license plate in relation to the booking or you have entered the wrong car park, you must contact the parking operator immediately.
You may be charged the regular parking tariff in addition to what you have already paid without the right to a refund.
It is your responsibility that the license plate in the order, the car you choose to park with and the car park is matching with your pre-booking.
What happens if I arrive early or park too long in relation to the booking?
If you are parking longer than the time you have reserved, this will result in an extra parking session. This applies both if you arrive before the booked entry time or after the booked exit time.
- You must pay for the extra time, regardless of the reason for the parking time being extended.
- If you arrive more than 30 minutes before your booked entry time, you will be charged for the extra time.
- If you are parking for more than 30 minutes beyond your booked exit time, you will be charged for the extra time.
See the next question and answer for how to pay the extra time.
If you know before you travel that you want to park longer than the booked time, we recommend that you change your order. As a rule, this must be done 5 hours before entry. See a separate question and answer about this.
How do I pay for an additional parking session / extra time in addition to the booked time?
- The extra time will be charged at the normal drop-in price at the car park in question. You will find the normal price on our website.
- The extra parking session will start counting from the time exceeding your booking, it will not include the time you have already booked.
- Payment for the extra period is done in the same way as for regular drop-in parking
- You can pay at the parking payment machine on site by entering your license plate number.
- OR on the internet/app solution from the parking operator until 48 hours after the exit from the car park.
- OR you can wait for an invoice in the mail for the additional amount. Note that it will be added an invoice fee to invoices.
- If you do not know if there is an extra time for which you will be charged, we recommend using the internet/app solution of the parking operator to double check. Enter your license plate of the car you used. If there is an extra time set on you, you will see it there and you can pay it directly.
- In the end of this document you will find the contact information for the parking operator and links to their payment solutions.
Why do I have to pay normal drop-in fee for extra time?
When you pre-book we are reserving a space for you that we need to plan for logistically. When you are extending your parking session, we do not know your plan and need to reschedule our logistics accordingly. For this reason, we cannot at this moment offer to extend a booking where the parking session have started or to offer booking prices on not pre-planned parking time.
Vehicles not collected after completion of parking time
If you are unable to pick up your car 30 days after the time/date specified in your booking has expired, please contact the parking operator's customer center. In the end of this document you will find the contact information for the parking operator. Specify the following in writing:
- Vehicle registration number and other characteristics of the vehicle
- Airport name, parking area and approximate position on the area
- Your booking reference number
- The reason why you were prevented from retrieving the vehicle, as well as information about the expected day you will be back to retrieve it
- New contact data (phone, address, e-mail) if these have been changed from original order
In cases where we do not receive (written) notice as mentioned above, the car is categorized as abandoned. In such cases, we will be entitled to remove the car at the owner's expense and charge the owner of the vehicle for the duration of the parking (unless we are advised to do otherwise in writing).
Can I get a confirmation that I in fact parked with my booking?
Avinor and the parking operator do not offer confirmation for an actually used booking, that is, a confirmation that you actually have parked with the booking (like a "flown ticket"). If this is a requirement from your employer, it may be that booking is not suited for you and that you should park in the usual way without a booking.
Where can I find information about Ferieparkering for Avinor's employees and partners?
You will find a separate Q & A on the intranet and extranet with frequently asked questions regarding Ferieparkering. You can also contact the parking operator.
It is your responsibility to place a correct pre-booking
It is your responsibility to complete your pre-booking correctly. If you do not make a booking or make mistake, Avinor or the parking operator is not responsible for any additional costs you may incur as a result of this. This applies for whatever reason. If the device you reserve from fails, the network you are using is not optimal, payment cards are not accepted, NETS payment service is down, our website is perceived as down and similar.
If our site is down due to upgrades, this will always be notified on the website so that you will be aware of this.
We recommend that you always place your booking in due time.
What is the contact information for the Customer Center?
If you did not find an answer to your question in this list, please contact the customer service center at the parking operator. All questions regarding parking must be addressed to them. Find your airport in the list and who is the parking operator there. Below the list you will find the contact data.
|Alta Airport||Oslo Airport|
|Mo i Rana Airport|
Onepark AS | + 47 64 81 19 80 | email@example.com | Martin Linges road 25, 1364 Fornebu | Org.No. 998638984
Sesame Parking AS | + 47 53 69 94 00 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Boil the suburbs surface 11, 5257 Kokstad | Org.No. 916570414
Apcoa Parking AS (Europark) | + 47 22 05 75 00 | email@example.com | Sandakerveien 138, 0484 Oslo | Org.No. 929292065
Book in advance and get the best price!